My photo
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind." (Dr. Seuss)

Wednesday 1 August 2012

An avid reader...

I love to read. I love the feel of a book between my hands as I hungrily read the written words, immersing myself in and within the story of the book. One of my passions in life is reading and from the moment I learnt to read, books became constant companions in my life.

I read many genres, from fiction to non-fiction, and from many different authors. If a book captures and captivates me after a few chapters, I will quite happily read it from start to finish. However, I do have my favourite genres like Historical Romance, especially those written in the Regency era in England, such as the books written by one of my favourite authors, Jane Austen of which “Pride and Prejudice” is my favourite novel. One of my treasured collections of books is a Special Limited Edition “Jane Austen – The Illustrated Library” gifted to me by my cousin and her husband. Within its pages are beautifully drawn black & white illustrations as well as coloured picture plates, depicting scenes from the novels written by Jane Austen.

                      

The other books I absolutely love to read are by a writer called Johanna Lindsey who writes Romance novels. I can proudly say that I have collected and read all her books and have loved and liked all the books she has written. Of all the books she has published, my favourite is the ‘Malory Family’ series, with “Gentle Rogue” as my number one choice in that series.

I started buying and collecting books from when I was a teenager and I can proudly say that I have amassed quite a large collection of books and I am still collecting. My ever growing collection range from non-fiction books (biographies, cookbooks, academic, motivational, inspirational, and spiritual) and I have many fictional books from different genre and various authors. Although I still prefer the physical feel and smell of a book (old & new), with a paper between my fingers as I turn the page, I will not pass up the portability and convenience of reading a digital copy of a book, so I have also started to collect e-books.

Whatever form books come now and in the future, I will not stop reading and collecting books whether they are hardbacks, paperbacks or e-books. I will continue to immerse myself in and within the story of the book I am currently reading (whenever I can find the time), indulging in my passion. J

No comments:

Post a Comment